Monday, March 24, 2008

Afternoon project

The lesson I learned about handling bias edges while working on this project


were completely forgotten a short two weeks later while constructing this small table topper. The flying geese units were made using the Square in a Square method and ruler and the outer edges are "bias", handle gently, no pressing with hot iron, use a wooden iron only until top is complete...


It took three tries to get the bottom row attached with the seams lined up and then just as I was going to attach the borders, I realized that I had attached it upside-down. Aghh! Another two attempts to line up the seams and I had to call it close enough. Next project with Flying Geese I will make using the Quilt in a Day method and ruler.

Here's the completed Table Topper ready for donation to the CQA for Quilt Canada 2008 in St. John's, Nfld.

No comments: