Thursday, January 10, 2008

Was that measure once?

So, the tote bag is sort of on hold, in that it was just a wee bit small to hold my 18" x 24" cutting mat like it was supposed to do. I started with a slightly narrower piece of fabric than the pattern called for and with the addition of batting and a lining, there just isn't as much space in the bag. I will have to figure out whether I need to add some fabric to the sides to serve as a seam allowance or if I can just take a narrow enough seam to give me the extra room needed to fit the cutting mat. I was annoyed, so it's on hold until I can decide what to do.
In the meantime, I was back working on the Shoppe Girls' Magic Tiles quilt. I am almost ready to add the last border. I have about 4 or 5 feet of hand stitching to complete on the grout line attaching the pieced border. That is on the schedule for this evening.


A little earlier today, I was tidying the sewing room and came across some Cross Stitch projects in a drawer. I pulled one out and can't believe that it is *this* close to being finished! Actually there is a couple more in the same drawer. I put them aside when we move six years ago and then completely forgot about them. My eyes aren't what they used to be, but maybe I can see well enough to finish these up.

No comments: